ERASMUS Network "Regional Planning"
The Participating Universities
Network activities consist of:
- students mobility
- staff mobility
- intensive programmes (IPs)
The Subjects of the IPs
- 2009 Tours: Urban Planning and Climate Change
- 2008 Bristol: Sustainable Spatial Planning and Water Managment
- 2007 Cesena: Sustainable Spatial Planning and Water Management
- 2006 Hannover: Sustainable Spatial Planning and Water Management: The Conti-Limmer Site
- 2005 Nijmegen: Koers West Redevelopment
- 2004 Tours: Planning for a Mixed Use Sustainable Development: Les Deux Lions
- 2003 Bristol: Sustainable Solutions for Bristol: Redcliffe ande the Millennium Mile
- 2001 Bologna: Urban Centers and Sustainable Development
- 2000 Hannover: Planning for Sustainable Cities: the EXPO City
- 1999 Nijmegen: Planning for Sustainable Cities: the Arnhem-Nijmegen-Node (KAN)
- 1997 Tours: Policy and implementation of sustainable mobility in urban areas
- 1996 Bristol: Rehabilitation Policies in Run Down and Underprivileged Urban Neigbourhoods
- 1995 Bologna: The Less Privileged Area Policies: How Can Planning Measures Help these Areas at a Regional Level?
- 1994 Hannover: European Policies and Regional and Local Planning - Objectives, Procedures, Impacts - Cooperation or Competition?
- 1993 Nijmegen: Public and Private Partnership in Physical Planning
- 1992 Tours: Coordination and Decision Making Procedures in Planning
- 1991 Bristol: Planning for Environmental Quality in New Development
Since 1991 the network carries out an annually intensive seminar. The seminar language is English. The subject changes every year. It is always concerned with regional or physical planning. Every year in March, 7 students from every participating university plus one or two teachers meet at one place. They first present a prepared case study and then work on a special project in groups of 6 or 7, thus comparing the different national approaches and making inter-national proposals. At the end of the week, the participants try to draw conclusions in a summarizing reunion.